Architectural Designer Position
The Barn Yard and Great Country Timber Frames, a 30-year-old construction company specializing in Sheds, Post & Beam Barns, Garages, Light commercial projects is searching for a full time Architectural Designer to join an incredible and creative team. Our company has built & delivered thousands of sheds and custom projects in the New England area and continues to grow. The candidate will have the opportunity to work in our state-of-the-art design & manufacturing facility. We offer competitive pay, comprehensive benefits and a professional and comfortable work environment
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Create 2D & 3D Designs of Custom Homes, Barns, Garages & Commercial Projects.
- Preparing accurate and clear shop drawings for actual construction use.
- Determine design requirements based on local and international building codes.
- Preform (Desire to learn) simple structural analysis of building components to be overseen by Licensed Engineer.
- Positive & Proactive attitude working with the vast teams that make up TBY & GCTF
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and manage time wisely
- Professional and personable communications with clients and project team.
- Relevant experience in residential or commercial wood framing construction (1 yr min)
- Must have the ability to communicate with architects and clients alike.
- Experience required in 2D & 3D drafting software. (1 yr min)
- A passion and enthusiasm for your work and a desire to grow professionally.
- Reliable transportation, telecommuting not available.
- Health & Dental Insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid Holidays & Vacation time
- Company Outings
9 Village St
Ellington, CT 06029